Re: AMBER: Amber 9 Leap install error

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:54:56 -0800

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006, A Box wrote:

> I am trying to install Amber 9 on a 2.4 gig pentium running Fedora Coer 5
> and using the intel fortran compiler (ia32). When I run the installation
> command (make serial in /usr/local/amber9/src, or make in
> /usr/local/amber9/src/leap/src/leap) i get the following erro to installing
> leap:
>
> /Xpm/libXpm.a ../Xmu/libXmu.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11
> -lm -lpthread -ldl
> gcc: ../Xraw/libXaw.a: No such file or directory

Presumably, there must have been some previous error that prevented libXaw.a
from being made. A typical problem (especially with Fedora) is that you do
not have the X11 development libraries installed.

> The entire Leap install data is included below: when done from:
> /usr/local/amber9/src/leap/src/leap.

Do a "make clean", and run again from /usr/local/amber9/src/leap. Or, try a
"make" directly inside /usr/local/amber9/src/leap/src/Xraw.

...good luck....dac

p.s. Note that you probably already have a fully functional release. Most
processes do not require xleap -- I rarely use it myself, for example.