RE: AMBER: Is there a way to simulate a box of pure water with amber

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:52:53 -0800

Dear Li,

> Sorry to bother. I am wondering if there is a way in amber
> to construct a
> box of water with no protein for simulation. Thank you in advance.

Assuming you have all the latest bugfixes installed the following should work in xleap.

edit tempunit

'will create tempunit and bring up an empty window. Close it.'

solvatebox tempunit TIP3PBOX 10.0

Will give you a 20A across box of tip3p water.

saveamberparm tempunit waterbox.prmtop waterbox.inpcrd

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| HPC Consultant and Staff Scientist |
| San Diego Supercomputer Center |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk | PGP Key available on request |

Note: Electronic Mail is not secure, has no guarantee of delivery, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues.