RE: AMBER: sander: cannot execute binary file

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:15:46 -0800

Dear Kailee,

A few things to check. Firstly that the path
/home/usr/kailee/amber8/exe/sander points to the correct file location.
Secondly that the permissions of this file are correct. I.e. that it is
executable and that the user account that runs the job on the cluster
machine can see this file.

You should also check that the architecture of the node you compiled the
executable on and the node that is running your job are the same. Often one
sees these sort 'cannot execute' errors when the executable file was
compiled on a different architecture than the one that you are trying to run
on. I.e. you compile on a pentium Xeon X86_64 machine but then try to run it
on a Itanium.

All the best
Ross

/\