Re: AMBER: floating point assist faults on IA64 PMEMD 9

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:41:52 -0500

Yes, that does stimulate a thought. Could be that the mpi libraries were
built for the sgi without the -ftz flag. The "all reduce" mpi operation is
used under mpi - that's fp math. In the normal install, I believe sgi
provides these libraries, rather than you needing to build them. That is
how you are getting mpi? If that's the case, I then have to defer the
question to Roberto, and see if maybe SGI forgot the -ftz under C (or the
gcc-equivalent) when they built the library. That would be all that makes
sense to me; the single processor and mpi versions of pmemd are both built
with the -ftz flag, and I presume we are talking one set of executable and
library images on a single altix smp here.
Regards - Bob