RE: AMBER: Potential Energy Calculation

From: Hayden Eastwood <s0237717.sms.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:47:00 -0000

Hi Sangeeta

I don't know if this will be helpful to you, but I always get single point
energies of NMR and crystal structures by running a minimization with just 1
minimization step. The output energy is tantamount to a single point energy,
and the output structure will have an RMS deviation from the original
structure that is extremely small (in my case undetectably small (i.e.
0.0001 difference in RMS or something of that order).

Hope that helps

Hayden