Re: AMBER: problem installing amber9 with g95 gcc on a fc5 m/c

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 01:16:09 -0700

Hi,

Just for kicks send some details: the output of make -n and make -v.
>From Makefile

COMMON_FILES = LINE.h TOP.h TTOP.h \
        MISC.h UNITS.h DEBUG.h \
        T3TOP.h SIZE.h TEMP.h

LES_FILES = lesmain.o addspace.o readprm.o \
        writprm.o readcrd.o writcrd.o \
        pick.o rline.o nxt.o \
        intgr.o find.o of.o \
        geti.o unit.o getc.o \
        alert.o echo.o get4c.o \
        getd.o wlesprm.o lesprm.o \
        les2prm.o checksz.o

$(LES_FILES) : $(COMMON_FILES)

Try moving LINE.h from the head to the tail of COMMON_FILES.
Try removing the dependency:
$(LES_FILES) : $(COMMON_FILES)

Try splitting up the that dependency by multiplying out the macros.

I may have access to a fedora core box somewhere...,
Scott