Re: AMBER: minimization with my own charges

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:50:26 -0400 (EDT)

I assume that you did not create any residue library, which has your new
charges in it. You have to do this first. The easiest way is to do this in
xleap. In xleap, load the standard force field file. When u write 'list',
you will see the residues that are defined. You can edit any of these
residues and change the charges. Then, use the saveoff command in xleap to
create the residue library file for this residue (.off file). Do the same
thing for all of the residues which have different charge distribution. U
can load these .off library files later. When u load them in xleap, u will
see that the residues have your new charge information in them.

I would strongly suggest you to do the DNA and Thermodynamic Integration
tutorials to get familiar with creating new residue library files and
doing minimizations using sander. Good luck.

Best,