RE: AMBER: Periodic boundary condition (PBC) > Problem now with ptraj

From: Rahaman, Asif <asif-rahaman.uiowa.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:29:25 -0500

Dear Professor Cheatham,

I have a crystal of calcium carbonate. I have made residues for Ca(+2) and CO3(-2) and used water molecule (POL3). I have tried as you have suggested with the following scripts

ptraj.in
trajin md.crd 1 5000 1
trajout traj.crd
box alpha 90.0 beta 90.0 gamma 74.8 fixalpha fixbeta fixgamma
center :1-544 mass origin
image origin center triclinic

I have deleted ' center .CA mass origin ' and added 'center :1-544 mass origin' as I have a total of 544 residues. Is that OK?
What do you think - any suggestions? The problem still exists.

Thank you very much again for your kind reply.
With best regards, Asif

P. S. If AMBER saves the last output coordinates and wrap it in the final .rst file, then ptraj should give the same results (structure) for the last step of trajectory - am I right??? Does AMBER and PTRAJ use different algorithm for wrapping molecules in the periodic box???????