AMBER: Myrinet or Gigabit ethernet?

From: Mingfeng Yang <mfyang.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:35:08 -0400

I am planning to build a dual-core opteron based linux cluster. Mostly, we
will run amber9 on this cluster for MD simulation. Due to limited budget,
I don't like to spend several thousand dollars on interconnector like
myrinet and infiniband. But I am afraid gigabit ethernet will give poor
parallel efficiencity. If any of you have experience on these
interconnectors, can you tell me how much difference they can give?

Thanks,
Mingfeng