Re: AMBER: Compiling AMBER 9 on windows XP using cygwin

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:16:11 -0700

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006, Gobind Bisht wrote:

> can anyone sugest how to compile AMBER9 in windows XP. I used cygwin but
> it's not able to find the MKL libraries inspite of the fact that the 'lib'
> path in system environment variables was set to the right location of MKL
> libraries.

Try without MKL (I've never used that option); it won't slow things down very
much, and you will at least get going. You can then try to sort out the MKL
problem later.

> Also the "make serial" command is not recognised by cygwin.

Sounds like you have not downloaded the development files from cygwin.
You should certainly have a "make" command available. Try going to the cygwin
site and downloading the program, if you don't already have it.

...dac