Re: AMBER: Namot on AMD 64 possible

From: Andreas Svrcek-Seiler <svrci.tbi.univie.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:08:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
> Another appology for the question that is not directly Amber related but it
> seems that many of you have had experience with Namot. I am attempting to
> install Namot on an AMD 64 machine running Linux Enterprise 4... I noticed that
> one of the required libraries is lesstif - www.lestif.org but to me it doesn't
> look like there is an x86_64 version. Does this mean that I can not run Namot
> on my 64bit machine? Have any of you been able to do so?
For the most current release (~3.5 years old) no motif/lesstif is needed.
"ldd namot"
gives me no such dependency - nonetheless I coud do a clean compile
Try downloading the current (still old) sources e.g. from
http://superb-east.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/namot/namot-2.2.0-pre4.tgz
If you still have trouble, send me an email.
(I probably won't be able to answer any mail before next monday)

good luck
Andreas