Re: AMBER: NAMOT

From: Andreas Svrcek-Seiler <svrci.tbi.univie.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:02:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
> I appologize for asking a question not directly related to Amber, but I was
> wondering if someone could point me to a reference or provide some information
> on compiling NAMOT for Linux.

I guess you were at http://namot.sourceforge.net/
After geting the sources, do a configure ; make
and see how far you get.

I just compiled it: It doesn't seem to work with gcc4 and above
(finding errors in headre files from other libs).
So I used 'gcc32', an older version of gcc available just for such
problems.
This, plus installation of some missing libraries allowed
a clean "make install".

I hope this helps,
good luck
Andreas