Re: AMBER: pmemd9 issue

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 07:12:11 -0400

Brent -
I cannot assert this with absolute certainty, but my first guess would be that the prmtop is incorrect; it turns out that it is (or at least has been in the past) rather easy to build a system with incorrectly defined molecules over the atoms, I believe depending on what the input to xleap or tleap looks like. I encountered these problems in the past with inputs, and it only causes execution problems in parallel runs, a function of how the load is assigned. You might want to send the prmtop, inpcrd, and mdin to me, if you don't mind, and I will do further analysis. I am still working on my first cup of coffee here, but will fire up my source machines and take a look at the code to refresh my memory as to exactly what triggers this problem and what the ramifications are.
Regards - Bob Duke