RE: AMBER: NTT for production run

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:21:50 -0800

Hi Vlad,

> At least in explicit water, according to tests that I have performed,
> ntt=0 in production runs leads to steady decrease in T (and kinetic
> energy).

Try repeating it with constant volume - i.e. NVE. I don't think you can
expect a constant pressure simulation to necessarily conserve energy,
although I could be wrong. Once you have equilibrated a suitable pressure
you should probably switch back to constant volume anyway. The same types of
arguments apply to the type of barostat as to the thermostat.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/