AMBER: Which PTRAJ distribution to use?

From: Chng Choon-Peng <choonpeng.cb.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:30:49 +0900

Dear all users,

     I have downloaded PTRAJ v6.5 from Prof Cheatham's website:
http://www.chpc.utah.edu/~cheatham/software.html
and installed it but I'm also aware that AMBER8 ships with PTRAJ
included.
Though the standalone version seems to be newer (2003),
there are new programs added into the suite inside the AMBER
distribution.
So, I'm confused over which is the better distribution to use?
It seems that AMBER developers added new functionality that
is absent from the standalone version.
Also, are bug fixes applied concurrently to both distributions?

Any advice is most welcome.
Looking forward to the replies.
Thank you in advance.

regards,
Choon-Peng

--------------------------------
Choon-Peng CHNG
Doctoral Student (Yr 1)
Dept of Computational Biology, Grad Sch of Frontier Science
The University of Tokyo
Affiliated with
Lab. of Molecular Design (Prof KITAO Akio)
Room 107, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences
1-1-1, Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0032, Japan
Tel: +81 03-5841-1472
http://www.iam.u-tokyo.ac.jp/MolDes/indexE.html