AMBER: Na+ with GB/SA?

From: Steve Gwaltney <drg51.ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:59:22 -0600

Is is possible to do GB/SA calculations with explicit sodium ions?

I am trying to model some protein-ligand interactions. It is believed
that a sodium ion resides in the active site of the protein, and
therefore I am trying to include it in the calculations. However, if I
set "GBSA=1," the calculation crashes with the message
"bad atom type: IP." A plain GB calculation works fine. Is there a
workaround to this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

--
Dr. Steven Gwaltney                  Phone: 662-325-7602
Assistant Professor                    Fax: 662-325-1618