Re: AMBER: error in chirality.c?

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:21:48 -0700

On Wed, May 25, 2005, Kenley Barrett wrote:

> I have what is probably a stupid question. I am receiving the
> following error upon trying to read a pdb file into XLeap:
>
> !FATAL ERROR----------------------------------------
> !FATAL: In file [chirality.c], line 121
> !FATAL: Message: Atom N12 is not in the first list
> !
>
> What is the chirality.c file? I have been looking around in the
> various Amber directories and couldn't find it. Also, if anyone has
> experience dealing with this particular error, advice would be
> welcome.

Have you applied bugfix.15? That improves the error message, and often helps
identify the problem. If that doesn't help, you will probably have to post
your pdb file. But you could certainly look for an atom named "N12" and see
if there is anything odd about it or its environment.

The chirality.c file is in $AMBERHOME/src/leap/src/leap.

....dac