AMBER: Representation of cations in MD

From: Thomas Steinbrecher <steinbrt.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 02:30:24 -0700

Dear AMBER users,

I seem to recall that there is a paper that discussed representing a
cation of charge +2 (magnesium or zinc?) in an MD simulation as one big
particle including its inner solvation shell. The study was concerned with
the binding of the cation to a biomolecule.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the reference I am thinking
about.

Can someone point me to this paper or give me some hint where to look?

Kind Regards,

Thomas