Re: AMBER: Two question about dielectric constant

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.ilion.bio.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:18:07 -0400

I think that opinion has changed over time and now most people
would recommend use of GB solvation instead of a distance dependent
dielectric. this avoids (at least mostly) both of the points you raise
below.

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
Stony Brook University Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu/carlos
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 E-mail: carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu