Re: AMBER: leap single precision

From: Guanglei Cui <cuigl.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:19:38 -0400

Hi, Scott

How are you doing?
Sorry that I was lazy to type fortran.c and fortran.h, which are the two
files in leap/src/leap. I was hoping they're the only two files that are
related to fortran style reading. The errors I see is single precision
leap couldn't read frcmod file correctly (for example, it reads obsurdly
big mass). I think somewhere else was messed up when I replaced all
double with float, not just fortran.c or fortran.h. Without much clue
where to proceed, I tried my system on a machine with 8Gbyte memory. I
managed to solvate my molecule and save the files with a smaller box. My
impression is that the maximum number of particles that a double
precision leap can handle is around 2 to 3 million (8Gbyte memory).

Cheers,

Guanglei