Re: AMBER: parallel AMBER/pmemd installation problem on Opteron

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:17:54 -0500

Jyh-Shyong -
I just hit and fixed this one while porting pmemd to a cray with opteron
cpu's and a pgi compiler. Seems the pgi compiler is extra picky, or
interprets variable scope nesting restrictions a bit differently. A diff
file of the fix is:

3431c3431
< integer ierr_nmr
---
> integer ierr
3472c3472
< call opnmrg(redir(6)(1:iredir(6)), idumpu, 0, iout, ierr_nmr)
---
> call opnmrg(redir(6)(1:iredir(6)), idumpu, 0, iout, ierr)
(basically, change ierr to ierr_nmr in lines 3431 and 3472 of nmr_calls.f90
I'll get a patch for this up on the amber web site, but a hand fix should be
pretty easy, aside from the fact that a patch has already been applied for
another problem in nmr_calls.f90, so the line numbers may be different.  I
will send you the entire file separately so we can quickly dodge that
complexity.
Regards - Bob Duke