RE: AMBER: Increasing Volume with ntb=1

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:59:57 -0800

Dear Harianto,

Can you send me the output file. Having taken a closer look at the
process_mdout script it seems to me that it creates a summary.volume file
even when the volume is not reported in the output file. Hence you get a
file of a single column (the time) and nothing else. If you then plot this
with xmgr it happily plots you a straight line of Time vs entry in file.

Hence your simulation is probably fine and it is just the extraction program
creating an 'empty' file. Check the mdcrd file and restrt files, the box
size should remain constant.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |