AMBER: calculating electrostatic potential

From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.mpi-bpc.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:59:48 +0100

Dear Amber community,

   I am trying to calculate the electrostatic potential of some RNA
molecules and map it on a molecular surface. I dont have Delphi and I
was trying to use MEAD but I ran into problems such as I couldnt
automatically create the fpt file and I couldnt find any software for
visualization . I was using the deep viewer (SPDBV) for proteins but it
doesnt work for nucleic acids.

  Do you know any freeware (for linux) which can take the amber partial
charges, solve the non-linear Poisson Boltzmann equation and then maybe
another program for visualization.
  I am working on a Suse Linux 9.0 workstation.

Thank you
Vlad

--
Vlad Cojocaru