AMBER: Workshop 2004, Tutorial #6, QMMM MD Simulation

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:34:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

While I was following the Workshop 2004, tut. #6, I encountered a problem
with the QMMM MD simulation part. The minimisation procedure of QMMM
method gives the following error:

     .... RESTARTED DUE TO LINMIN FAILURE ...

     ***** REPEATED LINMIN FAILURE *****

I even have copied/pasted the files for QMMM min. part given in the
tutorial, and still got the same error. The input files are here (given in the
http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/tutorials/amber_workshop/Tutorial_Six/index.htm
webpage)

divcon.in
-------------------
CARTESIAN PM3 CHARGE=0 &
STANDARD DIRECT
END_COORD
-------------------

min_qmmm.in
-------------------
Initial min of our structure QMMM
 &cntrl
  imin=1, maxcyc=500, ncyc=200,
  cut=20, ntb=0, fcap=1.5,
  ifqt=1, nqt=12, idc=0
 /
 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
END
END
-------------------

md_qmmm.in
-------------------
300K constant temp QMMMMD
 &cntrl
  imin=0, ntb=0,
  cut=20, fcap=1.5,
  tempi=300.0, temp0=300.0,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0,
  nstlim=1000, dt=0.001,
  ntpr=1, ntwx=1,
  ifqt=1, nqt=12, idc=0
 /
 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
END
END

The NMA.prmtop and NMA.inpcrd files are exactly the same files given in
the above given website. Anyone having any idea why I am getting these
errors? I have installed AMBER 8 to a DELL 5100, P4 laptop, with a SUSE
Linux 9.1 Personal Edition. Thanks in advance...

Ciao,

--
  Ilyas Yildirim
  - Department of Chemisty       -                              -