AMBER: Re: AMBER: problem loading mdcrd to VMD

From: <Dawsonzhu.aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:03:46 -0500

>I have loaded the parmtop file before the mdcrd, and loaded it as a file for
>parmtop, and there is PBC information in the mdcrd, but it doesn't matter I
>choose "crd" or "crdbox", the same thing will happen, I tried rst file as
>well, no luck. any other ideas?

If I remotely recall (for Amber 7 at least), you have to
load in you topology file __first__ as the "parm7" file.
You might not be using the extension "parm7", that doesn't
matter, you ask to show all files and you can find it.
Then you load in you mdcrd files. Again, my recollection
is that you must use crdbox if you did the simulation with
PBC.

Anyway, if you don't follow the order, you will get no
image. I'm a little puzzled why it "shut down" though.

hope this helps a little
Wayne