Re: AMBER: Restrained minimization problem

From: <opitz.che.udel.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:50:14 -0500
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) > How can I resolve this problem to move on?

You might skip using restraints since minimization is very local.

So, if I can simply skip restraints in the minimization, does this hold
true for the actual MD part as well (because if I need to use restraints
there, I'm assuming I'd run into the same problem again). Further, if I
can possibly skip these things, why are they recommended in the amber
tutorials? Is it just to ensure a "smoother" run or is there something
more behind this?

Best Regards,

Armin