Re: AMBER: MD run: frozen

From: <bybaker.itsa.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:39:30 PDT

Hi, Ross:

Thanks for correcting my mistakes.

I was wondering also how a water box with periodic boundaries could be
used for the implicit solvent MD. I didn’t understand the ‘DNA’ tutorial
quite well. In this tutorial, three .prmtop files are generated. The one
used for implicit solvent MD actually does not have any water molecular.
Now I understand that ‘implicit solvent’ means no solvent but includes
solvent effects within the force field equations. I don’t have anyone at
my end who knows the molecular dynamic. I learn all these by reading,
practicing and by my mistakes. Thank you for being patient to me.

> What is the ,o, here???

It is a typing mistake. Sorry. I use Window to do the remote access and
can save the files. So I re-typed the files.

> Try setting ntpr=1 and you will see that your calculation is not
frozen,
EGB routine is not very efficient with >1000 atoms or so.

Thank you very much for all your advice.

Regards

Bo