Re: AMBER: Protein with maximum hydrogen bonds

From: <pande.vineet.fc.up.pt>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:13:58 +0000

crystallographers to figure out intramolecular H-bonds, given an average
resolution structure...usually the H-bonds are judged based on distances
between heavy atoms...in this way, sometimes, for instance H-bonds directed by
Cysteine residues are underpredicted in X-tal structures..Although I am not
aware of any database where you could get a score based on intramol. H-bonds,
because it might be difficult to judge ALL the H-bonds in a protein...However
Disulphide bonds or metal bound complexes might be easy to search.....Why don´t
you look in WHATIF database...perhaps they have some way ..
Quoting anshul.imtech.res.in: