Re: AMBER: LEaP compilation error on Solaris 9

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:02:35 -0800

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004, Joe Nolan wrote:

> Once again I am seeking your collective knowledge as to how it may
> be possible for me to compile the LEaP portion of the amber7 package on
> a Sun Blade-2500 running dual SPARC IIIi processors.

> sh: cc: not found

I think we have been through this problem before. The "xmkmf" facility that
creates the Makefiles assumes that you have the Sun cc compiler, and the Sun
X-development libraries. If you don't have these installed on your system,
it is not clear how much work would be involved in trying to get xaLeap to
compile correctly, but it is probably quite a bit. You could do a couple of
things:

(1) Look in amber7/src/Makefile for the instructions on what to do if the
X portion of LeAP fails to compile:

# If the X-window stuff is not available, or does not work, comment
# out the above three lines, and uncomment the line below, which will
# compile just the text-only version of LEaP:

....and follow those instructions;

(2) upgrade to amber8, which no longer uses Imake for the LEaP build, (but
may have additional problems if you don't have the development libraries
that are typical for a Sun/sparc system.)

....good luck...dac