AMBER: Re: Antechamber

From: Kara Wald <kdigiorgio.sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:13:28 -0800

I'm a graduate student desperately trying to finish and I'm running
into problems getting Antechamber to work. I'm working on a Mac G5
dual processor machine. I'm trying to work through the "simple example
for antechamber" in the Amber manual (p. 81). When I type in:

antechamber -i tp.pdb -fi pdb -o tp.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc

I get the following:

[gibbs:~] kwald% antechamber -i tp.pdb -fi pdb -o tp.mol2 -fo mol2 -c
bcc

Total number of electrons: 58; net charge: 0

Running: /usr/local/amber/exe/divcon

̉¡ERROR IN OPNFIL -- CANNOT OPEN UNIT 8 FILE ??|||?#x8?.H

Cannot open divcon.out , exit

Does anyone know what is happening? How do I fix it? I read the
antechamber help page and found out that I needed to install mopac and
got my advisor to download and install mopac7. It's in the same
directory as the other amber exe files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kara Di Giorgio
University of the Pacific