Re: AMBER: A question on AMBER8 installation

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:45:30 -0700

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004, Hwankyu Lee wrote:

> I followed all the options, and then when I tried option2 (icc instead of
> gcc,g++), all the WcCreate.h and WcActCB errors disappeared.
> What I did is...
> setenv AMBERHOME /home/***/amber8
> setenv MKL_HOME /opt/intel/mkl70
> cd $AMBERHOME/src
> ./configure -p4 -nopar -ifort
> make or make serial
> and then I got this error at the middle and end of execution of make.

> bondtype.o(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

This looks like you did not successfully do a "make clean" before trying to
compile with icc. Hence bondtype is still looking for an old g++ entry point.

Given your problems, (which we are really unable to reproduce here, having
tried a variety of Linux distributions) I would recommend that you not try to
compile all 65 programs at once. Rather, go to the individual directories
that are failing, run "make clean; make install", and look carefully at the
messages you get for that individual directory.

I actually think it would be better for everyone if we could find out what
there is about your system that prevents LEaP from being compiled with gcc.
That way, we can fix it for everyone. Would you be willing to post the
contents of /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Intrinsic.h as it exists on your machine?

....good luck....dac