Re: AMBER: problems with dihedrals

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.ilion.bio.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 09:27:44 -0400

I'm not sure what you mean by "number of dihedrals". Can you
be specific as to what value in the prmtop you are using for this?
Is it dihedrals involving hydrogen, not involving hydrogen, or number
of dihedral types, etc. one complication that you may already understand
is that dihedrals are given pointers to dihedral types, which actually
have the parameters. it's not surprising that the number of types doesn't
sum up, since some may be shared. the actual numbers themselves
(such as NPHIH, MPHIA) should sum up fine.

if your program can extract part of the prmtop to make a new prmtop,
can you compare the dihedrals listed in each prmtop and find out
which ones differ?

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
Stony Brook University Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu/carlos
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 E-mail: carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu