RE: AMBER: Amber-7:Bugfix.47

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:34:36 -0700

Dear Sachin,

> I am trying to do bugfix 47 for Amber7 and I am
> getting
> error message which says-
>
> HUNK #1 failed at 5162
> 1 out of 1 HUNK FALIED --saving rejects top file......

This usually occurs if the file you are trying to patch has been modified
from the one the patch script was originally generated for. It can also
occur if other patch files have modified the same region of the file that
this bugfix is modifying. Then if the patches aren't applied in the correct
order you can get the above problem. On a 'vanilla' copy of amber7 the above
bugfix worked, however, you need to have applied the other two bugfixes that
also modify unitio.c first. That is:

patch -p0 <bugfix.24
patch -p0 <bugfix.36
patch -p0 <bugfix.47

This should then work with the last fix giving the message:

Hunk #1 succeeded at 5163 (offset 1 line).

Thus I would get a copy of the original unitio.c off of the tar file on the
Amber 7 CD and then patch it with the 3 bugfixes listed above in the order
24,36,47.

I hope this helps.

If you still have problems email me back and I'll give you details of how to
apply the fix manually.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |