RE: AMBER: MPICH problem

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 03:12:05 -0700

Dear Abd,

Try untarring the mpich installation tar to a temporary directory like /tmp
then run the installation from there and it should copy the files over to
the directory you specify with --prefix= (assuming you have write permission
to this directory).

At the moment the installation script is attempting to install the files in
the same directory as where the files "to be" installed are sitting. Hence
it is trying to copy files over themselves - hence the error.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |