RE: AMBER: how to read in CHARMM or AMBER binary trajectories

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:30:59 -0700

Dear Grace,

You are best off taking a look at the ptraj code in AMBER 8. This has
routines for reading AMBER and CHARMM trajectory files, both in ascii format
and binary format.

In particular see $AMBERHOME/src/ptraj/trajectory

See the routine readCharmmTrajectory().

Note with binary files they can often be machine specific (BIG Endian vs
Little Endian, 32 bit vs 64 bit etc) so be careful.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |