Re: AMBER: Moil-view, prmtop, inpcrd question

From: Viktor Hornak <hornak.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:41:27 -0400

I assume you got moilview10.2 from amber8 installation CD. Untar the
file "mview102.tgz" and 'cd' to 'source' in a directory 'moilview.10.2'.
Look at the 'Makefile' there and adjust if necessary. It should work
without any changes on most relatively recent SGIs (Octanes, O2s, etc.).
Then just type make and find the executable in ../exe directory.

-Viktor

opitz.che.udel.edu wrote:
> I have the same problem with the prmtop and inpcrd files from the Amber
> tutorial page (the DNA tutorial).
> Where do I have to look to check my moil-view installation?
> Also, my records of how moil-view was installed on this machine are a
> little fuzzy. Which flag would I have to use when using make?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Armin
>
> ==============Original message text===============
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:20:14 EDT Viktor Hornak wrote:
>

> I can read your inpcrd/prmtop just fine. You might want to check your
> moil-view installation. Is it only this specific coordinate/topology you
> cannot read? Can you read other coordinate/topology files, say, from
> amber tutorials or tests?
>
> -Viktor

Viktor Hornak
Center for Structural Biology   Phone: (631)632-1439
SUNY at Stony Brook             Fax:   (631)632-1555
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115      E-mail: viktor.hornak.sunysb.edu