Re: AMBER: opteron 64 bit workstation

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:55:13 -0700

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004, sachin patil wrote:

> We are building a workstation using two Opteron 64-bit
> 242 processors, but we are not sure about the
> operating system to be installed.
> So any suggestions on the kind of operating system to
> install so as to make full use of the 64-bit computing
> for Amber and other similar programs.

We are trying to put together a web page on opterons and Amber, which should
show up soon at http://amber.scripps.edu. But I should point out that
"full use of the 64-bit computing for Amber" is pretty much a non-issue
for most users. Most functions in Amber have a pretty samll footprint, and
do not require (or benefit from) a 64-bit address space.

....good luck...dac