AMBER: Imaging problem

From: Steve Seibold <seibold.chemistry.msu.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:05:12 -0400

Hi
I have a homodimer protein (each dimer has 99 residues), which during my
periodic box-simulations (explicit waters) separated. I then tried
Imaging using the following command:

trajin wt.restrt_2500

trajout wt2500imaged pdb

center :1-99 origin

image :100-198 origin center

go

I also tried:

trajin wt.restrt_2500

trajout wt2500imaged pdb

center :1-99

image :100-198 center

go

The dimers do reform, but the problem is that now there are hugh VDW
contacts between atoms. For example, I have an Oxygen from one monomer
that is 1.97A to a Nitrogen of the other monomer.

I checked the MD energy and so there is no "clashing" between the atoms
during MD. The problem only occurs when I do the "imaging".

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Steve