AMBER: atom out of bounds

From: Venkata S Koppuravuri <kvsuneel.linus.bmb.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:25:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I am trying to do simulated annealing on a protein structure and i got the
following error.

----------------------
 Frac coord min, max: 0.1637855320600532 1.000268454404591
 The system has extended beyond
     the extent of the virtual box.
 Restarting sander will recalculate
    a new virtual box with 30 Angstroms
    extra on each side, if there is a
    restart file for this configuration.
 EWALD BOMB in subroutine Routine: map_coords (ew_force.f)
 Atom out of bounds. If a restart has been written,
 restarting should resolve the error

can somebody please explain what this error exactly means.

when I observed the final structure before the simulation stopped one
of the n-terminus is extending almost perpendicularly (in my case i am
expecting the n-terminus to move). If it is because of this n-terminus
going out of the box can someone help me here.

If i have to increase the box size please let me know how to do that.

Thanks in advance

-Venkat