RE: AMBER: what is averaged RMS fluctuation?

From: <jz7.duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:59:26 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for your suggestion!

I still have one more question. The purpose of this RMS calculation is to
find out which residue fluctuates most during the MD simulation. So my
original idea was that: "x axis is the residue number; y axis is RMS
fluctuation (bigger value means more mobile residue)". And I wanted to
calculate the fluctuation like this: sqrt(<(r_i(k)-<r_i>)^2>).

"i" is atom index; "k" is timestep index.
<r_i> is the averaged position for atom i during simulation.
r_i(k) is the position for atom i at timestep k.

I want to know if there is a better way to calculate this. Or is there any
program can do this kind of calculation (like ptraj)?

Thanks for all the help!