Re: AMBER: Problem amber8 compilation in Opteron(Linux) with PGI-workstation compiler

From: Jiten <jiten.postech.ac.kr>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:36:36 +0900

Hello Dr. Ross Walker,

As Mark Williamson is working on compiling without -big options in
configure - I wish to continue to work around with -big options. In fact I
got the similar massage without the -big options. Unfortunately I could not
find any k8-32 in the config.h fine generated with the -big option.

1. So first compilation with the original config.h
(./configure -opteron -verbose -big pgf90 ) then test run

make -i test > test.log

Here I nottice that many of the modules are passed and many failed. I
attached the modified test.log --> test-org.log which includes only the
failed or program error - also pinpoint where the error after each of
theprogram error/diffing.

The major few findings are depending on the programs that used for the test
example. details are in the attached test-org.log

ASSERTion 'ier == 0' failed in extra_pts.f at line 223.
ASSERTion 'ier==0' failed in ew_direct.f at line 409.
ASSERTion 'ier==0' failed in ew_direct.f at line 457.
ASSERTion 'ier == 0' failed in nmode.f at line 105.

2. I modify the extra_pts.f (in src/sander folder) file as instructed by
you then recompile and test run again

   max11 = natom+numextra
   max12 = 3*(nbonh+nbona+nbper)
   max13 = 3*(ntheth+ntheta+ngper)
   max14 = 3*(nphih+nphia+ndper)
   write(6,'(''max11 = '',i8, '' max12 = '',i8)') max11,max12
   write(6,'(''max13 = '',i8, '' max14 = '',i8)') max13,max14
   maxa = max(max11,max12,max13,max14)
   write(6,'(''maxa = '',i8, '' ier = '',i8)') maxa, ier
   allocate( s3(maxa), stat=ier )
   write(6,'(''ier = '',i8)') ier

make -i test

cd dmp; ./Run.dmp
  ./Run.dmp: Program error
make: [test.sander.no_lmod] Error 1 (ignored)
cd adenine; ./Run.adenine
  ./Run.adenine: Program error
make: [test.sander.no_lmod] Error 1 (ignored)
cd cytosine; ./Run.cytosine
  ./Run.cytosine: Program error
make: [test.sander.no_lmod] Error 1 (ignored)
cd nonper; ./Run.nonper
Unfortunately there is no massage written on the screen as expected. I was
confused. But it is true - I did make claen and even removed the exe folder
before the recompilatoins with the modifications.
I hope this information will help you to fix  the problem.
With regards,
Jiten