Re: AMBER: N-terminal Arg charges in ff99 not 1.00

From: Michael Dolan <mdolan.tripos.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:04:37 -0500

Correction to last email:

For charged N-terminal Arg, I get a total charge of:

ff94 - 1.98
ff99 - 1.98
ff02 - 2.00

Something is not right here. Sorry for the mistake in the previous
email.

Mike

Guanglei Cui wrote:

> What version of amber are you using? For amber8, "charge NARG" gives me
> 2.00 ...
>
> Guanglei
>
> Michael Dolan wrote:
>
> > Hello Ambers,
> >
> > I've noticed that the total charge for a charged N-terminal Arginine is
> > 0.9764. Can someone explain why it is not 1.00? The total charge of the
> > Arg and it's terminal blocking group is 1.9764.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Mike

*** Ask to be a SYBYL7.0 beta tester today! ***
***     Available for RHEL 3.0 LINUX OS!    ***
Michael A. Dolan, Ph.D.
Customer Support Scientist
Tripos, Inc.
St. Louis, MO 63144  USA