Re: AMBER: AMBPDB command requires libcxa.so.5

From: Amber admin <amber-admin.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:12:45 -0700

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:32:26 +0100 (BST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?spookie?= <rooksin.yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: AMBER: AMBPDB command requires libcxa.so.5
To: amber.scripps.edu

hey andac...the library files libcxa.so.5,
libcxaguard.so.5 and some others of the same community
belong to the intel compilers...you would have
installed intel cc and f90 compilers for compiling
amber right..?? so, a folder by name intel_fc_80 for
fortran and intel_cc_80 for icc will be created in
your /opt directory by default...each of these have a
  sub-directory lib which contains these library files..
what you can do is...

Method:
cd /usr/lib
cp -s -f /opt/intel_cc_80/lib/* .

This essentially creates symbolic links to all the
files present in your /opt/intel_cc_80 directory from
your /usr/lib directory...you can be specific in
creating links by replacing the * with the filename,
but you got to do this for every file separately
though !! The dot (.) you see after the command is
important because it is necessary to create these
links with the same names they carry in the compiler's
directory...you may use your intel_fc_80 also for
creating links because the lib files are essentially
the same for the compilers...

hope this helps..
good luck..!!

--- Cenk Andac <cenk_andac.yahoo.com> wrote: > Dear
Amber community,