Re: AMBER: High B-factor!!

From: Bimo Ario Tejo <bimo7.gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:25:36 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Pradipta,

Try to center and image your molecule before you fit it:

trajin je_prodcor_1.mdcrd.gz
center :1-198 mass origin
image origin center
rms first mass out wt1md :1-198
atomicfluct out back.apf.rms .CA byatom bfactor

hope it helps,
bimo

> Hi,
>
> I am using ptraj to calculate B-factor from 3 ns
> MD done with AMBER 7.
> ---------------------------------------
> trajin je_prodcor_1.mdcrd.gz
> rms first out wt1md:1-198.CA
> atomicfluct out back.apf.rms .CA byatom bfactor
>
> However, the calculated B factor is couple of times
> higher than that of the crystal structure.
> I thought generally B factors from MD is lower than
> that in crystal structure. Is it always true? If not
> what could be source of error in my MD (rmsd from
> the crystal structure for CA atoms is about 1.2 Angs)?
>
> Pradipta

> This Mail was Scanned for Virus and found Virus free

+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl