Re: AMBER: Compile xleap (amber8) in linux Red Hat 8.0

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:53:34 -0700

Hi,

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Xiaobing Tian wrote:

> I have compiled amber8 in Linux Red Hat 8.0 using l_fc_pc.7.1.038
> compiler. I think it passed the test ( a few possible failures).
> Although XFree86 was installed in my computer (usr/X11R6/bin) , and I
> inserted -ldl after -lX11 in the definition of XALEAP_LIB in the
> makefile, still xleap could not be compiled ( see selected error
> messages bellow).

Thank you for reading the FAQ and/or the web cluster_info and/or the Makefile.
However, the original Makefile should have also produced the compilation
errors below; did it ?
As a good practice after altering the Makefile go to amber8/src/leap,
execute make clean and then make.
Do the same with the original Makefile.

> gcc -c -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -o xaHBondParmTable.o xaHBondParmTable.c
> xaHBondParmTable.c:44:35: X11/IntrinsicP.h: No such file or directory
> xaHBondParmTable.c:45:35: X11/StringDefs.h: No such file or directory

Apparently your X11 installation is faulty or nonstandard.
Did you verify that
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/IntrinsicP.h
does not exist ?

What is the output of