AMBER: Partial Charge on ligand for MD & MM/PBSA

From: Nan Lin <nlxc2000.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:11:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am running a MD for a complex of protein + ligand with WAT. I follows the procedures of a paper and hope to get the similar results of binding energy calculation from MM/PBSA as the data shown. Although the results of vdw + SA is fairly similiar, the ELEC + PB is far different. I am not sure if the partial charge of ligand or protein cause this big difference because I use Gasteiger charges, but the paper used AM1-BCC or PM3 charges. So my question is: do those different parital charges methods cause such a difference in the calculation of ELEC and PB or something else may be wrong in my system?

Your help is highly appreciated!