Re: AMBER: FEP error/early termination - why?

From: Annette Höglund <hoeglund.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:34:53 +0200

Dear Alfonso and everybody else,

Thank you for the detailed description you provided. I realize that this
parameter is going to be useful in this FEP case. I still have a few
questions to what you described:
For the first step (IELPER = 1) I should input the equilibrated crd, and
then which one: parm.top or parm_pert.top?
For the second step (IELPER = -1) which crd file (the same as went into
OR the one that came out of the first step), and which parm.top or
parm_pert.top?

What should a "good" F_energy plot look like? Saturation type of thing?
Not linear until the end I guess?
Can one say from which step (IELPER = 1, or -1) the major contribution
to the free energy should come from?
It seems that I get linear F_energy plots from the first (seem perfectly
mirrored) fir IELPER = 1. However for IELPER = 1, I run into trouble and
the F_energy plots do not mirror eachother on the plus and minus sides.
What can I do to get a "less messy" second step?

Ok, thanks a lot in advance,

Annette