Re: AMBER: Install Amber8 under cygwin

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:22:14 -0700

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Seonah Kim wrote:

> I am trying to install Amber8 under cygwin but I got some error when I tried to
> install sander. I think I have some problem to install Fortran compiler.
>
> First, I installed Lahey Fortran compiler(lf95, 15day test version) and I added
> lahey bin directory under my .profile PATH but when I tried to say
> Prompt>./configure -cygwin lf95
> Amber couldn't recognize lf95. Is there any way to contain lf95 under
> configure.h file as a new default compiler?

This is because lf95 is not a valid compiler/architecture in configure.
I have not used cygwin, but:
Have you tested your Lahey Fortran compiler installation ?
If not then try compiling a trivial program.
Next try
configure -cygwin absoft
then edit the resulting config.h to change the absoft stuff to lahey
(src/pmemd/Machines/Machine.lf95 may be a useful reference).

> Second,
> I installed Intel Fortran compiler (ifort, test version) and I also added intel
> fortran bin directory under my .profile PATH. But I got an error in the middle
> of installing sander, it said
> Prompt> ifort: error: unable to run 'C:\Program Files\NET\bin\Win64\link'
> Prompt> Signal 127
> Prompt> make:***[sander.exe] Error 255
>
> I think the problem is Intel compiler use Win64 but my computer is Win32. Is
> there any other way to fix those link problem?

Did you download the appropriate Intel compiler ?
Again, divide and conquer the problem by first verifying your compiler
installation using a trivial program then create a modified config.h ...

Scott Brozell