Re: AMBER: HBOND calculation

From: Rhonda Torres <torres.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:28:19 -0800

Hi John,

The default criteria for HBOND in carnal is on p.224 of the Amber 7
manual. You may, however, specify the angle. Examples of the Hbond
command are on p. 232-233. Potential energy surface calculations for
inter- and intra-molecular hydrogen bonds have shown that the energies
depend more on the distance than the angle (until the angles are less
than 120 degrees), although both are important for hydrogen bonding to
occur.

Hope this helps.

Rhonda