Re: AMBER: HBOND calculation

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:24:59 -0800 (PST)

> according to the manual the following command should be used:
> HBOND h1 DISTANCE 3.3 ANGLE ? STATS;

As far as I can tell the manual does not instruct one to set
a specific distance or angle.

> Could you please tell me are the statistically preferred angles that Carnal
> uses as default?

Per the manual, default for distance is 4.0A and default for
angle is 1 radian (~60 degrees).

> Is it a single set or is it a different set for specific
> hydrogen bonds under consideration?

It is the same for all hbonds under the HBOND specification.

> According to your experience is it
> better to use distances and angles when trying to investigate the
> statistical significance of hydrogen bond occurrence or only distances?

Note that in order to avoid using angle, you would have to
explictly specify a high angle.

Bill